Pledge to the 2nd Congressional District
Markwayne Mullin, conservative Republican for U.S. Congress, today released his pledge to the people of the 2nd District of Oklahoma.
“People are tired of politics as usual,” said Mullin. “I’ve learned that there are numerous Washington, D.C.-based groups who comprise political insiders and always ask you to sign pledges. Our commitment however always will be to the people of the 2nd District, which is why I have taken this pledge and signed my name to it. We will be making this pledge public and posting it on our website.”
My Pledge to You, the Citizens of the 2nd District
I, Markwayne Mullin, pledge…
- I always will follow the U.S. Constitution.
- I will work to stop Obama’s socialist agenda.
- I will stop excessive spending and oppose the growth of government.
- I will stop unnecessary regulations that kill jobs and businesses.
- I will stand for the sanctity of life. I always will protect the unborn.
- I will uphold traditional marriage, between one man and one woman.
- I will seek responsible health-care reform that relies on free markets and patient choice.
- I will never raise taxes.
- I will work to preserve Social Security and Medicare to keep them solvent and support the commitments to those who have paid into the system.
- I will work to lower the nation’s debt by spending less.
- I will fight for freedom, and stand solidly behind the Second Amendment.
- I will stand behind our military and will fight to ensure that American troops NEVER come under the control of the United Nations.
- I will work to keep the commitments made to our veterans.
- I believe America must stand with Israel.
- I will encourage and support Oklahoma’s role in establishing energy independence, which is a matter of national security.
- I will reduce foreign aid and prioritize to focus on our challenges at home.
- I will oppose amnesty for illegal immigration, working instead to secure our borders.
- I will empower parents, not Washington, D.C., bureaucrats, with final decision-making authority in the education of their children.
- I pledge to abide by term limits. I will serve no more than six years in Congress.
- On other issues, I will listen always to the hard-working common-sense values of the people in the 2nd District of Oklahoma.